Re: NFC: Another Filter/Aquarium Question

On 13 Jan 2001, at 1:48, Larry Needham wrote:

> Well...right...uh...I'm going to drill a hole in my tank.  I want it to be
> as high up as possible.  The reason I related this concern to the elbow
> diameter is so I wouldn't put the hole too high.  If I'm pumping 500

<snip>

I would not do it this way.  The problems you mention are only
compounded when the intake gets clogged.  If a standpipe is
objectionable, then put an overflow divider in one corner of the tank
and drill the bottom.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk,
my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if
I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem
quite so funny.