Used tanks (was Re: NFC: Getting there)

I have found my most productive shopping for used tanks to be at the local
Thrift Shops. Goodwill and Salvation Army are fair, but around here St.
Vincent de Paul gets all the really good big tanks. Lots of hoods, glass
covers, etc. are available if you look closely.

I recently bought a 50G Hex in perfect shape for $15. 20G tanks (often with
hoods) can go for as little as $5, while a cheap 10G (made with
single-strength glass) may be well above the new price at PetsMart ($7.88).
Gotta watch it.

Also watch that it wasn't a terrarium, as many of those don't hold water,
reliably.

Wright

--

"As government regulations grow slowly, we become used to the harness.
Habit is a powerful force, and we no longer feel as intensely as we

              *** http://www.libertarian.org/ ***

Follow-Ups: References: