Re: NFC: Another Filter/Aquarium Question

Gary Rollwage wrote:

> How much wattage would you use on say a 125 gal?
> Put like a lamp under each half?

Your guess is probably as good as mine. I'm getting good results with a
tri-phosphor compact fluorescent desk lamp at 13W under a 15 Tall (same
footprint as a 10G).

I think much over 1W/G (fluorescent) would be overkill, and incandescent or
halogen are way too hot for the amount of light they give. Shoot for low
Kelvin CFs or warm white strip fluorescents (3000K-5000K) to assure plenty
of red. In warm areas like FL and CA it might be good to move the ballasts
out to further improve the light/heat ratio.

What's comfortably toasty tootsies now could be a gasper come August.

Wright

--

"As government regulations grow slowly, we become used to the harness.
Habit is a powerful force, and we no longer feel as intensely as we

              *** http://www.libertarian.org/ ***