Re: NFC: artic drilling...it can work

I have a slightly different take on this, obviously it
CAN work, but, I think a more important thought is
simply that eventually it IS going to happen. The
object then is to ensure that it is done
environmentally sound. That means strict supervision,
immediate and massive penalties for non-compliance and
holding the knife to the companys throats at all time.
That means from the driller to the mega companys
having it done with no distance isolation for them for
screw-ups.

I hate to see it happening at this time because
reports I have read indicate that it is a limited
amount of oil and will fairly soon be exhausted.
Better to let saddam use his first.

In any case, realize it is going to happen, and then
hold those doing it by the shorthairs and be prepared
to yank them out.
jake