NFC: Fw: RE: Killifish / darter ???

Help please we have an unided fish and a life history request....thanks

Here is the story.

While fishing at Lake Pyramid in Northern Los Angeles County, this lake
is fed by the aqueduct from Northern California and San Joaquin Valley
and it also has numerous small creeks which feed it, I found it floating
dead in about 28' of water about forty yards from shore. The bottom was
sandy with small pebbles and adjacent to big chunk rock with deep water
available within 10 yards. The water temperature was 50.1 degrees
Fahrenheit. I have inquired with local Dept. of Fish and Game Biologist
and they can not (certainly with out doubt) identify it. The closest to
a name I have gotten is "BIG SCALE LOG PERCH a member of the darter
family" the Gal told me she thought they were introduced (From Texas (No
date was given)) into the San Joaquin Valley as forage but she wasn't
sure. She had no KEYS to work with and might want the fish, as I still
have it in my freezer. Any information you can give me would greatly be
appreciated i.e. Habits, predators, food, living depth, preferred
habitat, etc.

Thanks!
Alex
Alex at americasserver_com