Re: NFC: Sealing Acrylic/Cyanocrylate

One thing to clear up:

The cyanocrylate 'super glues' are stable in water.
They are used for hasty stitching INTERNALLY by combat
medics now. I have used them myself for gashes etc
that would otherwise have needed a stitch job. Squeeze
it together and apply a bead of 'super glue', hold for
30 seconds and release. It holds, is nontoxic, and
stable.
I have tubes of it in both my first aid kits.

I have probably also used several hundred large tubes
of it to make coral cuttings on literally thousands of
corals in culture. It holds very well under water when
bonding either soft corals to rocks or stony corals to
mounts of rock . Again, entirely stable.It is a staple
for this in coral culture now.(no pun intended on
rereading) It comes in clear liquid and gel both.Read
the labels.

It ISNOT what I would use to bond acrylic as there are
better compounds made for that already talked about
here.
jake