Re: NFC: Aquariums

Larry Needham wrote:

> Does anyone know if you can use a plexiglass panel on a glass aquarium?

Not a chance that it will be truly safe.

> Will silicon hold to the plexi like it will to glass?

No. The two also have wildly different thermal coefficient of expansion,
plus the plexi also swells when it absorbs water. Lay a panel on top of a
tank (as cover) and watch it warp!

I would love to use some, just for a tiny phototank, but it simply isn't
practical.

Wright

--

                Important things we should remember:
      [and weren't taught in mandatory government propaganda camps]

       The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.

                *** http://www.libertarian.org/ ***