Re: NFC: glass worms

Once in a while I will find them in with the daphnia (and in hot weather,
mosquitos) pulled from a couple of barrels squirreled away under the trees
on the back 40. If first noticed them when a bunch of mosquito larva
suddenly took a 90 degree turn about the middle of their bodies. They were
being consumed by glassworms not much bigger than them.

Great food. But I wouldn't trust them with small fry.

You might leave a light on above the tank and see if they are phototropic.
Then they would join your butterfly fish near the surface. I would do the
same for daphnia or brine shrimp. The mossies take care of that themselves.

 It would take a lot of them to satisfy a ropefish.

They are sold frozen by a couple of venders. I have had good experiences
with Chicago based Fishking. A hunk is broken off and warmed in tepid water.
Some will float in the jar. Those go to incorrigible surface feeders. The
darters are delighted with the sinkers.

All the best!

Scott