NFC: Fish shockers

    I almost went collecting this past weekend with a guy with a fish shocker
and scientific permit, but it was too cold.  It got me thinking about fish
shockers though.  Would one of these devices be a useful tool for my home
ponds?  For instance, could I keep both warm water and local fish in my
ponds, then quickly and easily pull the warm water fish out in October
without draining the pond?
    Also, could a person rid a shallow pond, say 1000 sq. feet, of gambusia
to restock with something else or just leave to the amphibians?  If one could
get all of the fish with a few episodes of shocking, it might be less
disturbing to the pond than poison.  I suppose rotenone would be the poison
of choice, but I would have to do reseach on what else it kills, how
expensive it is, and if it is even available to me.
    If a shocker would be useful to me, can anyone tell me how to get plans
to build one?  I might not even need plans if someone can tell me what
voltage they run at and how many amps I need to be able to deliver.  I found
no active sites after a search for "fish shockers".
    NOTE- I realize these devices are illegal for use on waters subject to
fishing regulations.  I would use it only on my own and my parent's farm
ponds.
    Thanks for any input.
    Pierre Gagne
    Kensington, MD