NFC: Re: wild banana plants

    I claim no experience here, but remember hearing from a plant guy in Fla.
that the wild plants he finds do not have "bananas".  They develop the
bananas in his tanks.  At the time, he was wondering what his tanks added or
lacked to cause this.  Also, I would suppose that the wild plants might have
primarily floating, emersed leaves, and might look different from the
aquarium ones that way too.
    My point is, perhaps they are around you and hard to recognize.
    Good luck
    Pierre Gagne
    Kensington, MD