Re: NFC: Need Help

Its too bad you cant contact Dr Thomerson who recently
retired from your university... he is an avid fish
collector both in this country and in south america.

You may find someone in your icthyology or biology
department who is though.  I have collected in Central
Illinois and can tell you the red shiners in the area
are  very pretty and easy to catch.  There are also a
number of darters there and quite a diversity in
catfish.  In the cypress wetlands of southern Illinois
you can find such fish as Elassoma zonatum.  Let me
know when you want to collect and I will see if I can
shake a weekend loose and join you.

Klaus