NFC: Fw: Support the Owyhee-Bruneau Canyonlands National Monument!

Support the Owyhee-Bruneau Canyonlands National Monument!
Visit http://amriversaction.ctsg.com/index.asp?step=2&item=142 to
email President Clinton and Secretary of Interior Babbitt and urge
them to protect this unique ecosystem.

We need your help today to protect the Owyhee-Bruneau Canyonlands =96
the largest unspoiled, unprotected stretch of land in the lower 48
states. The Canyonlands is one of the most rugged, remote, and most
spectacular high desert complexes in North America. Deep canyonlands,
running streams and rolling hills provide critical habitat for
wildlife such as desert bighorn sheep, sage grouse, and redband
trout. The area supports more than 95 species of wildlife and
includes more than 700,000 acres of potential Wilderness and 288
miles of wild and scenic rivers.  The Canyonlands also offers unique
geologic features and innumerable archeological and historical sites,
such as the homesteader's cabin remaining on the East Fork Owyhee.

Only by preserving the Owyhee-Bruneau Canyonlands as a National
Monument can we limit off-road-vehicle abuse, stop vandalism of
archeological and historical sites, halt mining, and limit grazing.

Visit http://amriversaction.ctsg.com/index.asp?step=2&item=142  to
take action now!

Visit http://www.owyheecanyonlands.org for more information.