NFC: Fw: Native tank at an elementary

Any Iowans on list want to help with this one ?

I am a parent of a student at Coralville Central Elementary in Coralville
Iowa.  I have worked this last summer to construct a new "vivarium" for
our
school.  It is a combination terrarium/aquarium, with native species the
goal for all parts.  We were able to get a 600-gallon used tank donated,
and
I worked to reseal and reinforce it.  With some cracks showing up as we
filled, it is presently a 400 gallon display tank.  In it we have
flathead
catfish, albino channel catfish, green sunfish, bluegills (and hybrids),
largemouth bass, a red-eared slider and some crayfish.  It has been a
long
routine to get it stable and parasite free, but it now is great.  I need
finish the glass around the terrarium area, but it is close to
completion.
We are interested in other species, and will be looking to add a small
pond
and some amphibians to the terrarium.  The terrarium will be planted with
woodland and prairie plants, too.

What kind of resources are available to help us in this endeavor?

I have pictures on my website :

http://pierson.psychiatry.uiowa.edu

Thanks,

Ron Pierson