Re: NFC: Re: dwarf crayfish

I love you sense of humor please contact me off list at gollum at abs_net

James

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Dame" <dameda at shands_ufl.edu>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: NFC: Re: dwarf crayfish

> James wrote:
>
> >>  But I am curious at 1 1/2" isn't that just about
> >>  jambalaya size????
>
> Well,  I guess it would be, if you could eat just one.
>
> While I will defer to the expertise of the real & honorary cajuns on this
list, my recollection is that a good-size portion of Jambalaya would call
for approx. 1 ½ bushels of crawdad per person. Maybe 2, if you were planning
to start eating in the morning, say at ten or before; maybe just 1, if the
jambalaya was just an appetizer, and the main course was say soft shell crab
po'boys like I thoroughly enjoyed  in NawLins a few weeks ago.

> You WOULD NOT want to be accused of skimping on the ingredients when
there's serious eatin' to be done ....