Re: NFC: Re: dwarf crayfish

Wow!  Truly impressive. Are these a protected species? The text did not
specify. Also, is there anyone in KY that could possibly collect some of
these for me?

Ty

--- Ty_Hall at eFunds_Com wrote:

> On a slight twist to this thread, does anyone know
> what the largest species
> of North American Crayfish is and how large it gets?

 That would be barbicambarus a truly spectacular
species found in south central KY.  I have caught them
in the Barren River system as well as in the Green
River.  I large one is truly stunning....here is a pic
of one on a site... I have some pics somewhere too.
It is a very large crayfish ...not sure how it stacks
up against other large crayfish like the one on the
missouri site I had in yesterday's post!

http://www.corplink.com.au/~royal/crayfish/internationalusa4.htm