From: hy finkelstein <hfinkelstein at Cerritos_edu>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 10:34 AM
Subject: NFC: Re: Cooler water

Even here in hotter Southern California, I have had success with removing
the lights and covers of the tanks and having a fan blowing across the
tanks.  Water is much cooler than ambient room temperature.

A second low tech approach is to drop plastic bags filled with ice into the
tank or drop a plastic pop bottle filled with ice into the tank.  Monitor
the temperature of the tank with a thermometer and adjust accordingly.