Re: NFC: Gainesville Mud collecting anf the fundulus we found

Robert Rice wrote:

>>   Well me and Doug Dame took a trip to Watermelon pond. ...
>>  <snipped>  ... sadly it is no pond it is a swamp! ... <more snipped>
>>  ... I'll allow Doug to wax on about our collecting prowess :)

Which I read a while ago but I hadn't yet figured how to best respond, until ...

... Scott Goett wrote:

>>  Sorry to hear fish collecting sucked.  ..<snipped>

.. which put me on the right track.

It wasn't that the fishing was so bad ... it wasn't especially good in terms of tons of keepers per man(person-year expended .... but that "the story of the day" is that the predominant noise-effect was in fact huge slurping suck noises whenever we (foolishly) attempted to move laterally. Of course, we had to try to do that fairly regularly, because of our latent fears that in the absence of concerted efforts otherwise, the default movement would be the vertical dimension.

However, the fishes for the most part found the whole thing to be vastly entertaining. "Two Fins Up!" says the Fundulus Fun Club & Glee Society of Watermelon Pond, "Continuous hilarious antics. The slow-motion mime parodies of Michael Jackson moon-walking were particularly superb. Funniest thing to hit these shores since Jerry Lewis. Robert Rice, returning to these parts for the first time since producing and starring in a hit show eight months ago, played the part of the large stupid human as if born to the role. Doug Dame, debuting in the role of the small stupid human, was likewise perfectly cast as Boy Mudster."

In other news, according to Fisheriff Department's spokesfish Fundulus "Barbara Wawa" lineolatus, a number of spectators to yesterday afternoon's performance at the Fun Club & Glee Society have been reported missing. "It's unfortunate, but this seems to always happen  whenever the human circus and freak show comes to town. Some of the kids get too excited, they lose their situational awareness, some run away and others just get swept away into situations beyond their experience. Sadly, we rarely ever see any of them again." According to the Sherfish's Office, all 22 members of Mrs. Fundulus "Juanita Belzior's" lineolatus's Remedial First Grade Class for the Incredibly Stupid and Slow are missing (including Mrs. FJBl herself and her spouse), as are three members of a Fundulus chrysotus family from the really shallow area over there. However, no residents of  Gloriosus Estates, Heter-Town or Gambusia MobileHomePark have been reported missing at this time.

d.d.