Re: NFC: NFC Fundraising Gainesville Style

I might be able to do friday.  I will have company, but depending on where you are going they may be interested in coming or can at least entertain themselves for a few hours.

Scott

robert a rice wrote:

 I also ...will likley be off friday ..Lets do a trip and a informal get together for folks...I shipped off my boxes this AM will ship again on Monday I suspect...I have one more box going to Texas. Then its Aqua Bid :)
Robert Rice
Save those Fishes,  Join the Native Fish Conservancy
http://www.nativefish.org
Love those gartersnakes? visit
http://gartersnake.net
Robert: I don't (yet) keep much of an inventory of fish I don't want on hand regularly, nor have much in the way of regular breeding going on yet, but I'm always (subject to wifely approval <g>) looking for any excuse to go catch some fish, and would be happy to try to coordinate things so that I could catch and bring things in to you to add to the shipment. (And help out with the packaging etc, I don't have any experience in that but assume that (a) two extra hands is better than however many hands you already have available, and (b) I'm semi-trainable.) When is your "this week" shipment supposed to go out?  I expect to be off Friday ... that's subject to change, depending on work needs, but is probably an 85% or better probability ... and could do some more collecting then. My favorite/closest spot on Rodman has lots of (small) Bluefin killies, Heterandria, mollies, swamp darters and usually flagfish and a few chrysotus, while another spot nearby that I think I can find again is loaded with nice F. lineolatus, scattered Elassoma evergladei and reportedly sometimes has F. rubrifons. My Jacksonville buddies went out Sunday and collected lots of rubrifons and Lepto. ommata, plus both Elassoma zonatum and okefenokee and Enn. gloriosus, as well as a smattering of other things. Unfortunately, I was recovering from the vestiges of a flu-y thing, so I wasn't able to go and don't know yet exactly where they went. But I like your idea and would be happy to contribute fish and a hand on a regular basis, if that's helpful. I kinda suspect it wouldn't take too much to satiate the market with the mollies, heter and common killies, but we could offer 2-pr and 3-pr packs (plus the soon-to-be-famous Aquabid "Gainesville Sampler" of 2 trios of mollies, 2 trios of Heter, and 3 pr of Bluefins, etc.  [Do the bluespot sunnies do well in community tanks? The ones I have that I THINK are bluespots (although their spots aren't blue) do fine, but they're small, maybe 3 cm.] Anyway, you get the idea. doug
>>> robertrice at juno_com Monday, November 06, 2000 6:28:27 PM >>>
I have a suggestion for those of us who do a bit of collecting and
breeding of fishes. Lets do some benifits for the nFC /Nature Conservancy
canasauga river project. Ill be sending out 3 boxesa this week for the
project and will be offering some more on Aquabid.com with all the
proceeds going to the project. I suspect we could raise 1k or more
without to much work.

my stuff will mostly be sailfin mollies,bluefin
killies,heterandria,bluespot sunnies and perhaps some different fundulus.