Re: NFC: bait store collecting

I find sticklebacks mixed in with the shiners I buy from time to time, and
that occurs throughout most of the summer. You usually know you have a
stickleback the moment you grab a new "minnow" in the bait bucket. The
spines poking into your hand are a dead give-away :)

Tony Gustafson
Webmaster
Sigma Tau Delta Central Office
DeKalb, IL

>  I stopped in to a bait store last week to see if they had anything
unusual in
>  their bait fish tanks.  The owner told me that the unusual stuff usually
>  shows up in the spring.  She said she usually throws those in for free
for
>  fisherman.  She also described what sounds like stickleback that turns up
in
>  the spring.
>
>  Anyone else experience this or can explain the logic?
>
>  Chuck Church
>  Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html