Re: NFC: Fw: Help

> Dear NFC,
> I have a  problem I have a 55 gallon aquarium and in the aquarium I have a couple of bluegill a perch and one crappie and
> the fishes fins are coming apart the rays on the fins are starting to seperate, may you please help me with my problem?
>                                                   Thanks,

About 99.9% of the time, the bacteria causing this get going because the
water was bad in some way. Usually it is build up of organic wastes and
insufficient water changes.

Do immediate 25% daily changes, being *very* careful to neutralize any
chloramine and match the water's total dissolved solids and temperature
(i.e., don't add more stress to sick fish). If the fish are not too far
gone, they will snap back and heal.

Never, ever, use antibiotics intended for human use. The directions on the
packages for most, at the local fish store, are way too weak to be
effective, and may cause resistant strains of bacteria to develop. They will
never cure the problem without the water changes, and the changes will do
much more good than the stressful medications.

That's my $0.0015 (two cents adjusted for inflation). YMMV.

Wright

--

          If it ain't broke, don't fix it -- and, especially,
            don't let politicians fix it. ... Thomas Sowell

               *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***