Re: NFC: Tank Filtration Question

Maybe I didn't explain it properly. The tank will be drilled. There will be
one intake tube (overflow?) that goes through a bulkhead at the bottom of
the tank to a series of filtration units, located under the tank in the
cabinet, and then re-enters the tank through the output tube coming up
through another bulkhead also at the bottom of the tank. I would like to
have both of these tubes on one end of the tank (the one abutting the wall)
so as to hide them from view. Will having both of these on the same end
(which is the narrow 24" side) still allow for proper filtration of the
water at the far end of the tank, some 72" away. There will be nothing
hanging off of any side of the tank, even the cord for the lighting, in the
hood, will be hidden.

Actually I think I figured out a possible solution. I could take the return
tube and run it up and into the cover and take the water down to the far
end of the tank where it could be reintroduced from above. That would not
require a visible pipe in the tank. To see what I mean check out
www.mia.net/tyhall/filter.jpg

Thanks for all of the input so far!!!

Ty

Hey Ty.

Unfortunately, without a powerhead or some such, you're going to have
one end of the tank acting as a dead spot.  A powerhead on the far end
may fix this.

An optional idea -- much easier with plexiglass than glass -- is to
drill the tank.  This is the ideal way of dealing with larger tanks.

Joshua.

Ty_Hall at eFunds_Com wrote:

> I am hoping to someday set up a large freshwater (natives of course )
tank.

--
end
  ____^__
><,Darwin,>
Joshua L. Wiegert
NFC Lists Administrator                          JLW at pi_dune.net
www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/1680/        owner-nfc at actwin_com
ICQ 69553561                                     AIM UID: Etheosoma
Feel free to contact me by any of the above means for any reason.