From: LCDR David Meyers <dmeyers at salts_navy.mil>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Monday, September 18, 2000 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: NFC: Fw: Aquaculture

I think the answer would have to be yes.  From a U.S. perspective, aquaculture - as most consumers see it/know it - revolves around salmon, catfish, and tilapia.  But in Asia, milkfish, tiger prawn, oysters, and a host of others are raised commercially.  Can it help reduce the pressure on wild stock?  Yes.  Does it have risks?  Yes.  But if managed correctly, this has GREAT potential, as I see it.
David

robert a rice wrote:

help...
Robert Rice
Save those Fishes,  Join the Native Fish Conservancy
http://www.nativefish.org
Love those gartersnakes? visit
http://gartersnake.net