NFC: Jaggers?

Ok, this sounds a little strange to me, and I feel that it will to others also.. I was talking to one of my friends earlier, that was talking to his sister in Georgia.. Said that in a pond they caught something they call Jaggers.. and have sharp teeth, and are supposed to keep ponds clean? I've never heard of such a fish, at least not in the north american fished field guide, or even off of this list. Anyone have any idea of what fish this really is? I'm clearly stumped.