Re: NFC: Fish Collecting

I am mostly interested in plecos and catfish, but have recently been
fascinated by darters and some killifish.  I just cant believe how
incredibly colorful they are and yet I never see any in the local fish
stores, but I haven't really been looking specifically for them.  I also
have been recently dreaming about the day when I cam afford to go on a trip
some where to go fish collecting (like Peru or something).  Then I for some
web sites (namely the NFC) on collecting here in the US and was intrigued.
Although we don't have many fascinating catfish that can fit in my tanks in
the US (as far as I know), I am still very interested in trying fish
collecting here.  Partly because I can't afford to travel and maybe partly
because the plecos I have are beginning to lose their novelty.  Anyway, any
help and direction you can give me, or if you are planning any local (or
atleast in FL) trips that you wouldn't mind me and my girlfriend tagging
along on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Scott