NFC: Fish Collecting

I was hoping to find out more about fish collecting in my area/state.  I am in
Gainesville, FL and also have close ties to South Florida.  I was hoping to find a
book or website or something that could tell me exactly where to go to get specific
fish.  Recomendations as to what equipment to invest in would be appreciated too.  I
am interested in getting my hand on some darters.  They look like incredibly
beautiful fish, but I can never find them in any fish stores.  Why is that?  Are
they hard to keep.  Anyway, any info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Scott