Re: NFC: adopt-a-tank opp

Sajjad,

I have flake food and freeze-dried shrimp for the project. Perhaps we can
collect some critters on Sept 16? I'm still trying to get a hold of the guy
who's familiar with the Kankakee River. We could probably find plenty in the
tributaries and backwaters.

Tony Gustafson

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:28:54 -0500 (CDT), nfc at actwin_com wrote:

>  	Looks like I may finally get a chance to setup a tank at a
>  Kindergarten/Montessori school. The kids range from 3 - 6 years old. My
>  aunt teaches there.
>
>  	They had a goldfish bowl. Algae was rampant and the fish died
>  (probably due to lack of proper care).
>
>  	Anyway, I am thinking of a 10G tank, pea gravel, foam filter etc.
>  The creatures would be a small crayfish and some hardy minnows. Plants
>  will be floating hornwort and emersed Pothas vine. I intend to setup the
>  tank and train one of the staff to take care of it. I'll periodically
>  visit the place to make sure everything's OK.
>
>  	I can donate the tank, gravel and an old incandescent light. Can
>  the NFC provide the critters, sponge filter and air pump, fish food? Can
>  other critters (newt) be put in the same tank? What am I forgetting?
>

>  Sajjad

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html