RE: NFC: RE: Native Fish Keeping

perhaps I should simply move all the tropicals to my son's 10 gal. aquarium.
But what about corys and plecos?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristine Weisbrod Massin [mailto:kwmprairie at hotmail_com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 11:55 AM
To: nfc at actwin_com
Subject: Re: NFC: RE: Native Fish Keeping

please, please tell me you are planning on removing the tropicals first!!
Mixing tropicals & natives is a very bad plan.  First, the two groups
generally have very different water requirements in terms of temps,
hardness, pH, etc.  (splitting the difference between the two ideals does
NOT work well!)  Then there is the issue of parasites & diseases...the two
groups also carry different ones and have different tolerances. What your
natives may be fairly immune to but carriers of, your tropicals will die
from, and vice versa.  The problems go on & on.  Give your tropicals to a
friend or back to a pet store.  Or buy a seperate tank.