Re: NFC: Minnow traps...

"Joshua L. Wiegert" wrote:

> One of two ways, that I've seen....
> Styrofoam attached to the sides, or long poles holding it up.  Poles are
> more popular, as they hold it better in place.
>
> Joshua.
>
> mcclurg luke e wrote:
> >
> > How is it made to float?  I would like to do this with my standard minnow
> > traps.

When trying to remove damnbusia and mollies from pupfish waters, we often
use the standard cylinder traps with a couple of styro blocks inside to keep
the openings near the surface. That seems to work OK.

Wright

--

                       Learn to love algae:
             You, too, can become a happy aquatic gardener.

               *** http://www.wrighthuntley.com ***