Re: NFC: Minnow traps...

Here's what the Texas regulations say---what do you make of the
defination of the "throat"?

Minnow Trap:
May be used to take NON-GAME fish only.
Trapmay not exceed 24 inches in length or with a throat larger than
    one by three inches.

Date sent:      	Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:04:35 -0700
From:           	Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
To:             	nfc at actwin_com
Subject:        	Re: NFC: Minnow traps...
Send reply to:  	nfc at actwin_com

> Gary Rollwage wrote:
> >
> > Anybody out there ever enlarge the openings on wire-type minnow
> > traps to try and catch some larger fish?
>
> Caution: Many state laws forbid larger openings, to protect gamefish.
> In most states, where they are legal, at all, I think they are
> restricted to a 1" diameter.
>
> Check your local regs before you do it, OK?
>
> Wright
>
> --
>
>                        Learn to love algae:
>              You, too, can become a happy aquatic gardener.
>
>                *** http://www.wrighthuntley.com ***

Gary Rollwage

Cost Accounting Mgr.
Oil States Ind.