Re: NFC: Shiner Identification

Thanks for the info Robert. I picked these up in the Fox River, near
Waterford. My son and I where fishing on the damn that blocks the Fox and
creates Tichigan lake. I looked down into a pool on the river side of the
damn and there was a large school of these in it. I scooped some out with a
bait bucket. How's that for a collection technique! I used a couple for
bait, kept two to take home and turned the rest back. They really remind me
of a Rainbow Trout, in appearance. I'm planning on setting up a small tank
just for them. Maybe as they get older, if they are young, it will become
easier to positively identify them. I have a feeling, though, that you are
probably correct and they are the Dace's.

Ty

Pearl dace are se wi natives and get 5 inches or so...used to catch em in
Madison all the time