NFC: Fw: Re: Breeding fishes

Any heklp out there helping loading up this students tanks. He is BP
member and shows real promise in the area of propagation.

From: CGfishboy at aol_com
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:30:42 EDT
Subject: Re: Breeding fishes

Hello,
It would be nice if it was possible to obtain any species of pygmy
sunfish
(Elassoma), mudminnows (Umbra), or the pirate perch (Aphredoderus
sayanus).
My current research involves all of these taxa.  I am also interested in
any
of the following species:
Any Noturus (madtoms); I'm working on side projects with their spawning
behavior- I can collect N. miurus, N. flavus, N. gyrinus, N. exilis, N.
nocturnus so I don't need those.
Pteronotropis hubbsi (bluehead shiner)
Pteronotropis welaka (bluenose shiner)
Notropis chrosomus (rainbow shiner)
Lucania goodei (bluefin killifish)
Leptolucania ommata (pygmy killifish)
any Fundulus sp. except F. notatus and F. olivaceous
any Cyprinodon sp.
Jordanella floridae (flagfish)
Heterandria formosa (least killifish)
any cave-dwelling fish (although I suspect they are well protected so
this
may not be feasible; perhaps the swampfish Chologaster cornuta?)
Enneacanthus gloriosus (bluespotted sunfish)
Enneacanthus chaetodon (blackbanded sunfish)
any Etheostoma sp. except E. caeruleum, E. spectabile, E. blennoides, E.
nigrum, E. zonale, E. flabellare (I can collect these); also I am very
interested in any type of sand darter.

As you can see, I am interested in a broad range of taxa.  I understand
that
many of these will be unavailable.  I do have exceptional facilities and
resources at my disposal so accommidation is not a problem for several
species of fishes.  Of course, I will submit regular updates to you on
any
fish you send me.  Just let me know how and when you want me to do so.  I

look forward to hearing from you.

Christopher Gutmann
Illinois State University