NFC: Longear Growth Rate?

I've had a small longear sunnie since late last year, and it has only grown
about 1/2 an inch since then (it is now about 2" long). It's in its own 10
gal tank, water quality has been good since the tank first cycled, and the
fish eats better than I do (relatively speaking), being fed TetraMin,
freeze-dried tubifex, frozen brine shrimp, and any small creepy-crawlies I
manage to get a hold of.

Is it odd that the fish is growing so slowly? I had a bluegill that grew
much faster, which makes me wonder about the longear.

Tony Gustafson
DeKalb, IL
The only problem with the gene pool is
there is no lifeguard.