Re: NFC: SLENDER MADTOM

In the wild the eat crayfish,snails,worms, and whatever they can snarf
including darters and minnows

Ive kept them at various times for years. They are easy toi keep but seem
to need live food to thrive

3. AHHH the big question in the wild they are cave spawners I believe
from my experience. They seem to need 70 degree or so water but no ONE
has documented a madtom spawn so your guess is as good as mine.

Robert Rice
Save those Fishes
Join the Native Fish Conservancy
http://www.nativefish.org

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:36:49 -0700 (PDT) BILL HOPPE
<zzzzzzbill at yahoo_com> writes:
>      I have recently moved to arkasas where I have
> collected 6 SENDER MADTOMS in addition to other stream
> fishes. they are not the universal feeders the catfish
> family has the reputation for being .
>
>      1..Does anyone know their prefered wild diet ?
>
>      2..Does someone have experience with captive
>         feeding and maintainance ?
>
>      3..is there information on spawning , wild or
>         captive ?
>
> =====
> COSED ! GONE FISHIN . BILL

> Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with Yahoo!
> Messenger.
> http://im.yahoo.com/

Robert Rice
Save those Fishes