Re: NFC: Fw: Fish

Here's a copy of the reply I sent to Bryce. I sent it from my personal
email account. If this guy is just a troll, then I didn't want to send it
from this email account. I thought you all might like to see it though.

Ty

Bryce, the question you ask is a good one. In order to understand it you
must look beyond the individual fish and it's needs. The exotics removal
program is in place to remove fish that have managed to become established
in a non-native environment. These non-natives pose a serious threat to
local species. They compete with them for food, they introduce disease that
locals are not capable of fighting and in allot of instances they eat local
species. Each ecosystem on the planet is very specific in the life form it
will support. It is very important that we try as best as we can to not
interfere in that system. By attempting to remove the exotics we are hoping
to help restore our native ecosystems back to their original states. Many
local species are threatened with extinction. This is due to pollution,
damming,  filling of wetlands and yes the introduction of exotics. So even
though some removed fish are euthanized, the goal is to provide a better
habitat for those that were there in the first place. Like they said in the
movie, "The needs of the many out way the needs of the few". It's too bad
there isn't a better way, but so many exotics are removed that it is simply
impossible to find homes for all of them. If you would like to offer to
take some of these from the next removal, please let us know and we will be
happy to try and get them to you. Thanks for your question and any support
you can lend to our cause.

Ty
I do not claim to speak for the NFC. The opinion expressed here is my own.