Re: NFC: Re: Live food for the Aquarium

Ive for years used a light hung in a 5 gallon pail to collect moths and
stuf for my sunnies ...Also placing a florect shoplight out doors will
add tons o bugs to the fish diet....

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:35:24 -0800 (PST) Anthony Andrew
<heavymetal99 at excite_com> writes:
> What about live insects? 5 minutes sweeping a regular aquarium net
> through
> tall weeds will usually get me enough grasshoppers and moths to use
> for a
> couple hours of productive bluegill/bass/crappie fishing. Whatever I
> have
> left has occasionally fed the fish in my tanks. Would it be safe to
> make
> insects a larger part of my fishes' diet? Large feeder fish are
> getting a
> bit pricey lately.
>
> Tony Gustafson
> DeKalb, IL
> The only problem with the gene pool is
> there is no lifeguard.

> Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
> Visit http://freeworld.excite.com

Robert Rice
Join the NFC and help save our fishes.   http://www.nativefish.org/

<*)))))< Check out the Adopt A Tank and Breeders Program