Re: NFC: cutthroat trout in deep creek (fwd)

From:           	robertrice at juno_com
To:             	nfc at actwin_com
Date sent:      	Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:35:16 -0500
Subject:        	Re: NFC: cutthroat trout in deep creek (fwd)
Send reply to:  	nfc at actwin_com

thanks, robert.

yes the Colorado Division of Wildlife has done a survey and the fishery
has been rated an A-, do to the blowout of a dam and mixing with rainbows,
contaminating the native stock somewhat.

but i was curious how rare cutthroats are, if they tend to speciate
out quickly when cut off from others, how many sub-species might
exist, and ancillary matters such as that.

any help you can give would be great.

a golf course is proposed for the mesa above the deep creek
stream. because of the catastrophic rain events we have in the
Rockies and the resultant mudflows, we're very concerned about
sedimentation and its effects on the fishery.

thanks.

ag