Re: NFC: Fish News

From:           	"D. Martin Moore" <archimedes at master_localink4.com>
To:             	nfc at actwin_com
Date sent:      	Sun, 6 Feb 2000 14:50:01 -0600
Subject:        	Re: NFC: Fish News
Send reply to:  	nfc at actwin_com

> Perhaps "bimbo" would have been more appropriate...  IMO, PETA
> types earn whatever disparaging appelation we deem appropriate.
>
> > i find the term "chick" sexist in this context. if this an example of
> > the fish news level of analysis, then i will drop this listserv
>

> Prost,
>
> Martin
> ------
> "Cry to it, nuncle. as the cockney did to the eels when she put
> 'em i' the paste alive; she knapped 'em o' the coxcombs with a
> stick, and cried 'Down wantons, down!'"

perhaps in some circles such disparagement would be appropriate,
but in a public listserv like this, i continue to find it inappropriate, at
best.

can others on this listserv let me know if this is SOP for this list?

lack of respect for opponents seems an unfortunate public face to
offer on the web.

art goodtimes

Art Goodtimes
president of the Telluride Institute
vice-president, Colorado Counties, Inc.'s Western District
member, Club 20 Board
member, USFS Painted Sky Resource & Conservation Development Board
member, BLM's Southwest Colorado Regional Advisory Council
member, National Association of Counties' Public Lands Steering Committee