Re: NFC: Re: off topic: turtle catching in January

Christian C Burke wrote:

> I assume you are talking about snapping turtles (I'm unaware if there are
> other 'soup species').

Diamondback Terrapin, a species hunted to near extinction along the east
coast, was a regional favorite for some time.  Terrapins are brackish
water turtles and one of the big problems I've seen is during the
hatching season, the hatchlings have to cross roads  to get to the salt
marshes.  Or if you go back a few months, the big momma turtles get run
over and all her eggs die with her.

--

"I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice; and
I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no

Follow-Ups: References: