Re: NFC: report on public meeting: Indiana big fish kill

Chuck all your efforts should be kept as a big long text file for us to
put on the website so others can get historical persspective on fish
kills what happened in your case will probably happen again and again...!
Let me know

Robert Rice
Join the NFC and help save our fishes.   http://www.nativefish.org/

The truth no matter how little of it there is is always in oversupply !

HREF="http://www.starnews.com/news/citystate/2000/jan/0111st_fish.html">S
> arNews.com : CEO deflects blame for fish kill</A>
>
> Above is link to today's The Indianapolis Star newspaper article on
> the big
> fish kill.  Last night I attended the first of four public meetings
> on the
> subject.  There were several hundred people and standing room only.
> The
> facility was not big enough for the crowd that attended.  Frankly,
> much of
> the crowd was very hostile and unbelieving of many of the responses.
>  The
> media was well represented.  (According to two women in my office,
> they saw
> me asking my main question on Channel 59 late news.)
>
> Present were representatives of Indiana Department of Enviornmental
> Management, Anderson Water Treatment Plant, Health Department, and
> the
> Indianapolis Water Co.   If anyone from Guide Corp. was there, they
> (and
> their bodyguards :> ) did not identify themselves.
>
> There were some hand outs (I have no way posting them; I can have a
> neighbor
> scan them and have them posted by the webmaster if there is
> interest.)
> Questions were submitted in written form and the individuals had the
> option
> of going to the podium and asking the question in front of the
> audience or
> have the monitor ask the question for them.  IDEM personnel tried to
> sort the
> questions to eliminate duplicates as there were several large
> stacks.  The
> meeting started at 7:00 PM and did not break up until almost 11:00
> PM.
>
>  <A

HREF="http://concierge.com/cgi-bin/maps.cgi?screen=find&link=map&height=3
00&wi

dth=400&state=IN&country=us&orig_lat=397820&orig_lng=-861380&orig_name=IN
&lat=

397820&lng=-861380&orig_icon_on=1&orig_search=1&orig_iconid=2&level=5&eve
nt=zo