Re: NFC: off topic: turtle catching in January

CEFCHURCH at aol_com wrote:

>   I have been given the assignment to provide fresh turtle for soup next
> month.  Any ideas on where to find and how to catch them this time of the
> year?  Recipes even?

It's a long drive, but the weather is hard to beat, there, in Jan. The Moapa
River near Warm Springs has all too many of them. About 74 mi. NE of Vegas
(near the head of Lake Mead), it has about 4 or 5 species of introduced
turtles that act as predators on the native springfish and dace (both
endangered). We use dip nets and seines. [Kill the tilapia and mollies you
catch, while you are at it.]

Recipes? Can't go wrong if you just kill the turtles and feed to the
coyotes, while driving into Mesquite or Vegas to take advantage of the
sumptuous buffets offered there at nothing prices. (^_^)

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.