Green water problem

The algae in my green water is settling to the bottom.  I grow green
water in a 33 gal tube outside with 5 gold fish in it and use aged tank
water.  When I put it in my daphnia culture it settled to the bottom the
daphnia got green blumbs stuck to their antennas and died.  I tried to
start the culture over again but I didn't have a luck yet.   Has any one
else had this happen to them?

I think I need to get another start, but what should I do to prevernt
this from happening again?

Aeration?
Filter the green water before putting in?

TIA
Kim