Re: Daphnia Problem (Freezing)

You can freeze them in ice cube trays, but they tend to lose their food
content rather quickly once thawed, so feed them fast. And since they
don't move around, a lot of fish tend to ignore them (especially bigger
fish/reptiles/amphibians that would normally eat them if they moved).

John

PS: What I'd like to do is make "Daphnia blocks".

On Sat, 29 May 1999, Live Foods Digest wrote:

> Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 16:34:08 +0530
> From: Raj <ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in>
> Subject: Re: Daphnia Problem
>
> >> From: Jeremy Adams <adamsjer at ucs_orst.edu>
> >
> > Yes, I have a daphnia problem. The problem is that I have way too much
> > of it. Any one out there with a good plan for keeping large concentrated
> >
> > Jeremy
>
> Wonder if you can freeze them in ice cube form for use later?

---
     "Language has not the power to speak what love indicts:
      The soul lies buried in the ink that writes."
                     -John Clare, English Poet (1793 - 1864)
  jpc at itintelligence_com     (http://www.itintelligence.com/~jpc)