Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #445

In a message dated 5/29/99 2:08:03 AM US Central Standard Time,
Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com writes:

<<  Yes, I have a daphnia problem. The problem is that I have way too much
 of it. Any one out there with a good plan for keeping large concentrated
 numbers of these guys alive? >>

I'm a newbie to Daphnia and am also having great success with outdoor Daphnia
Magna this year.  I've wondered if you could freeze some for less plentiful
times.

Another option might be to try to sell extra to the local fish store for cash
or credit.  Here in my part of the country though, fish stores don't sell
live food and suggest brine shrimp for those interested in raising live food.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA