Re: mold inhibitor

We ordered our moldex from Carolina biological. It came with several recipes
for fruit fly culture media, and did suggest that the amount of inhibitor
used could affect fly production. Based on experience, I would say that is
true. A heavy hand with the inhibitor will slow the flies. You want just
enough so the flies can keep ahead of the mold, rather than totally banishing
the mold. This amount varies with strain. With wild type fruitflies, little
to no mold inhibitor is needed.