Fruit fly medium

When I was a poor graduate student many decades ago, I made my own fruit
fly medium.  It was pretty simple.  As I recall, the recipe was something
like:

water
corn meal
agar
vitamins (like One-A-Day multivitamin pill)
propionic acid (to inhibit mold)
yeast

The recipe went something like:  Cook corn meal in water, remove from heat,
add agar,  cool add remaining ingredients, pour into bottles (I used baby
nursers).

I found it in a biology library reference book.   Good hunting.

--
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron