Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #378

In a message dated 3/3/99 4:16:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, Owner-Live-
Foods at actwin_com writes:

>  I have some Omaha Steak styros that have a tight fighting top.  Would these
> be suitable worm containers if I drilled a bunch of holes in the top for air
> circulation?

Take a look at the worm farms sold at sporting goods places. Drill a large
hole on the sides near the bottom and cover with screening. A tight fitting
lid is a good idea. Pests like mice and cluster flies can smell worms from far
away. Mice just eat the worms. Cluster flies lay an egg on each worm and the
maggot becomes an internal parasite that devours the worm from the inside.