Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #372

In a message dated 2/27/99 4:11:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, Owner-Live-
Foods at actwin_com writes:

>  On the aquatic plants list, folks seem to prefer cats for fertilizer.
There
>  are also a number of them in my neighborhhod, and they are easier to catch
>  than squirrels.  Do you suppose it might work just as well?  If it's too
big,

>  I could always section it and feed a piece at a time. :-)
>
>  Bob Dixon
 You guys are sick! Boa constricter lovers have been put in jail for less!

More seriously, green water is the best food for Daphnia. However the Daphnia
will run through it fast. I feed my cultures mostly peas and a red or yellow
vegetable liqufied in a blender, enriched with vitamins and minerals. Too much
yeast and the house smells like a brewery. Too much milk, and the whole
neighborhood smells like a baby diaper -- both compounded with the stench of
long dead seafood!