Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #366

Hello Kim,

Well, of course the yeald depentds on the amount of worms present in the
soil!

The can method is OK, but instead of a hot water bottle use a 50 W
spotlight. Its reflector concentrates Infra Red light (heat) very
efficiently.

Start with the lamp about 8-10" from the surface of the dirt, and then,
if you are impatient, advance the light closer every 10-15 min. After
2-3 hours ALL the worms will be in the water. I usually leave the light
for an hour at ~10", then another hour at ~6", and so on.

Remember that worms move slowly! If you advance the light too fast, you
will have cooked worms! Adding a few ice cubes to the water keeps the
worms cold & alive for a longer time.

Best,

George