Re: getting rid of hydra

panacur 100 at the rate of 1 ml to 100 litres kills hydra.   The active
ingredient of panacur is 100g/l FENBENDAZOLE.   It is a worm drench for
horses sold in Australia.   I don't know what the equivalent is in US or
where ever you are.   I have used it in rainbowfish aquaria without any
trouble.   I think there is a reference to it in one of the Aquarium
Frontiers On-Line issues  http://www.aquariumfrontiers.com/