Re: Feeder goldfish

Non-member submission from ["Mach T. Fukada" <fukada at aloha_net>]

Typically, (as I recall) freshwater organisms may be lacking in omega
three
farry acids, HUFFA, PUFFA, etc.  But then again I recall that marine
ornagnis lack the ability to make these all are gotten via food source.
recall some are able to be made by freshwater fish, perhaps becuase
freshwater organisms are lacking in them?..

Should be possible to enrich smaller organisms (artemia, moina, etc)
with
formulas like ALGAMAC 2000, etc.  Might be possible o gutload the
goldfish.

>> I was wondering what the breeders feed "feeder" goldfish or rosies. Are
these
>> really nutritious? I have a salt tank and feed only frozen food. (
>> silversides,krill,cockle,etc). Someone suggested that maybe frozen food is
>> lacking in vitamins. Are live "feeders" full of vitamins? Thanks in
advance.
>> Feel free to e-mail me.

Mach T. Fukada, Editor
fukada at hawaii_edu